St Gabriel, Warwick Square, Pimlico
|Parish Priest||Fr Owen Higgs|
30 Warwick Square
|Phone||020 7834 7520|
Fr Lee Clark
St Gabriel's is a thriving inner-city parish which acts as an important centre of community life, hosting an wide-ranging programme of concerts and cultural events and providing facilities for a number of community organisations, such as mother-and-toddler groups and residents' associations. The Grade 2* listed building, built in 1853, contains some of the finest examples of Victorian art including a high altar by John Francis Bentley, the architect of Westminster Cathedral, and a window by the famed Charles Eamer Kempe. The church's Friends Organisation, of which the Bishop of London is a patron, has raised over £90,000 towards the total needed for an ambitious programme of restoration work including on St Gabriel's famous bell tower.