St Bartholomew, Stamford Hill
|Parish Priest||Fr Charles Card-Reynolds|
31 Craven Park Road
|Phone||020 8800 1554|
The present church was built 1903-04 to the designs of the eminent Arts & Crafts architect William Douglas Caroe (1857-1938). The architectural historian Pevsner describes the building as ‘full of free Perpendicular detail and careful craftsmanship’ – it is indeed an exquisite and intimate work of architecture and design. The history of S. Bartholomew, dating back nearly 800 years, is unusual in that the church has been built and rebuilt five times and has stood in three different locations.